Obama made his first appearance at the Democratic National Convention, stepping out on stage after his vice presidential running mate, Senator Joe Biden, attacked Republican John McCain as he accepted the nomination as No. 2 on the ticket.
"I think the convention has gone pretty well so far. What do you think ?" Obama said to cheering delegates after hugging Biden and his wife Jill on stage.
Former President Bill Clinton, who has been slow to warm to Obama after his wife lost a bruising primary battle, worked to encourage party unity by giving Obama an unwavering seal of approval in a speech to a packed convention hall.
Delegates cheered Clinton’s appearance for so long that he asked them to sit down.
"My fellow Democrats, I say to you : Barack Obama is ready to lead America and to restore American leadership in the world," the former president told flag-waving delegates who interrupted him repeatedly with roars of approval. (With Reuters).
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- JO : Le Gabon décroche une médaille d’Argent en taekwondo
- Gabon : Les ministres-candidats à l’élection présidentielle invités à quitter le gouvernement
- Lancement d’Air Gabon International : les Marocains prudents !
- Gabon : L’AJAPE poursuit son programme de formation dédié aux journalistes
- Gabon : L’Etat gabonais crée une société nationale pétrolière
- Gabon : L’OAB tient sa 21e session à Libreville
- Gabon : La liaison maritime Libreville-Port-Gentil appréciée par les populations
- Congo : Forum Unesco Pro-Natura International à Brazzaville