The agreement for the African Development Fund (ADF) loan was signed on Monday in Tunis by the Bank Group’s Vice President for Sector Operations, Zeinab El-Bakri and Mali’s Ambassador to Tunisia, M’Barakou Arafa Askia Toure.
Speaking at the ceremony, Mrs. El-Bakri underlined the fact that the budget support loan would, in particular, help create conditions for better implementation of the General Budget Support Programme for Growth and Poverty Reduction Strategic Framework (GPRSF 2007-2011).
In this regard, improved management and viability of the cotton sector, a better public finance control system and transparency in public procurement management were among the target objectives of the programme, Mrs. El-Bakri said.
The programme also envisages the establishment of transparent procedures, training and retraining programmes, and appropriate technologies to improve local financial governance ; continuation and acceleration of state reforms concerning decentralization as well as improving the living condition of the population.
“I would like to seize this opportunity to emphasize the importance the Bank attaches to the thorough implementation of the reform measures,” she said, adding, “It is a precondition for the enhancement of our development impact and poverty reduction.”
For his part, Ambassador Touré expressed the gratitude of the government and people to the AfDB for it important and constant support, noting that the funding proved that the Bank Group was, and remained Mali’s preferred development partner.
The Bank Group started operations in Mali in 1970. The loan brings its active operations in the country to UA 371 million, about CFAF 256 billion, Mrs. El-Bakri said, noting that the magnitude of the institution’s commitment bore testimony to the excellent cooperation between the two sides.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Gabon : Le Rand sud-africain est en hausse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Le Gabon et le Rwanda plaident pour "une voix africaine unie" sur la scène internationale
- Sénégal-Présidentielle : Le président Wade reconnaît sa défaite et quitte la scène politique sénégalaise
- France : Les associations demandent le remboursement des vols annulés
- Gabon : Restitution jeudi de la phase II du projet MAB
- Gabon : Le dollar américain est en légère baisse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Gabon : New governor of Central African States Bank promises transparency
- Le Gabon présent à l’investiture de Jacob Zuma à Pretoria