According to the press release, "the official presentation of the certificate, was made in presence of the highest authorities of Ogooué Maritime, headed by the HE Jean-Marie Beka B’Obame, Governor of the Province and Mayor of Port-Gentil, André-Jules Ndjambé.
The certificate was presented by Jean-Michel Garnier, Director of Central Africa BVQI.
Several leaders of NGOs involved in protecting the environment, such as Auguste Henri (H20), Nicaise Moulombi (Croissance Saine Environnement) and Rodrigue Iwangou (COFEGALP) and the Direction of Mines & oil, attended this ceremony.
ISO 14001 certification, awarded to the overall activities of Total Gabon, which dedicates its efforts in the fields of exploration and production of oil and gas, is the formal recognition of the quality of its Environmental Management System (EMS), by Bureau Veritas.
"It confirms that the Company is now able, in each of its activities to implement procedures to limit its environmental impact," says the press release of Total Gabon.
A review of his certification was conducted in December 2008 by the auditors of the Bureau Veritas Quality International.
This certification is the result of a continuous process of Total Gabon to comply with legal requirements and legitimate expectations of civil society in the field of environmental protection.
Total Gabon has also engaged in the certification to this standard since 2004. Total Gabon got the Certification facilities of Cap Lopez in January 2006. Then there are the site facilities to onshore Atora field who received their certification in February 2007.
Largest producer of oil in the country, Total Gabon appreciate the recognition of its efforts and success in a continuous effort to improve its environmental performance in Gabon.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Gabon : Les déchets s’accumulent dans les quartiers de Libreville
- France : Le Comité 21 se félicite des avancées de la conférence environnementale de Paris
- Le ministère de l’Environnement veut préserver les écosystèmes
- Gabon : La ville de Port-Gentil exposée à des risques environnementaux
- Gabon : Le ministère de l’Habitat constitue en réserve foncière une superficie de 6964 m2
- Congo : Le Président Denis Sassou Nguesso sera la porte-parole des journalistes africains pour l’Environnement à Rio
- Le plan d’urgence adopté contre la pollution maritime ne suffit pas pour circonscrire une marée noire
- Gabon : Le ministère de l’Intérieur suspend provisoirement les activités des ONG environnementales