According to the press release, "the official presentation of the certificate, was made in presence of the highest authorities of Ogooué Maritime, headed by the HE Jean-Marie Beka B’Obame, Governor of the Province and Mayor of Port-Gentil, André-Jules Ndjambé.
The certificate was presented by Jean-Michel Garnier, Director of Central Africa BVQI.
Several leaders of NGOs involved in protecting the environment, such as Auguste Henri (H20), Nicaise Moulombi (Croissance Saine Environnement) and Rodrigue Iwangou (COFEGALP) and the Direction of Mines & oil, attended this ceremony.
ISO 14001 certification, awarded to the overall activities of Total Gabon, which dedicates its efforts in the fields of exploration and production of oil and gas, is the formal recognition of the quality of its Environmental Management System (EMS), by Bureau Veritas.
"It confirms that the Company is now able, in each of its activities to implement procedures to limit its environmental impact," says the press release of Total Gabon.
A review of his certification was conducted in December 2008 by the auditors of the Bureau Veritas Quality International.
This certification is the result of a continuous process of Total Gabon to comply with legal requirements and legitimate expectations of civil society in the field of environmental protection.
Total Gabon has also engaged in the certification to this standard since 2004. Total Gabon got the Certification facilities of Cap Lopez in January 2006. Then there are the site facilities to onshore Atora field who received their certification in February 2007.
Largest producer of oil in the country, Total Gabon appreciate the recognition of its efforts and success in a continuous effort to improve its environmental performance in Gabon.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Gabon : Ouverture d’un atelier pour circonscrire les catastrophes maritimes
- Gabon : Addax Petroleum n’est pas impliquée dans la pollution de l’Obangué (Diverses sources)
- L’ONU encourage les Etats à accélérer le rythme des négociations sur la réduction des émissions de gaz
- Un ouvrage bilingue sur la diversité dédié aux enfants de Gamba
- COPENHAGUE : Barack Obama favorable à un accord, même imparfait
- Gabon : les Gabonais suivent la campagne présidentielle française sur fonds d’environnement, d’écologie et de climat
- L’Afrique a-t-elle besoin de poubelles industrielles ? s’interroge AFRICA
- Le plan d’urgence adopté contre la pollution maritime ne suffit pas pour circonscrire une marée noire