Doctors pronounced the King of Pop dead at around 2.30pm local time (10.30 GMT), after he suffered a massive cardiac arrest at his rented chateau-style home in the Holmby Hills area of the city, shortly after mid-day. He had been discovered in a coma when emergency services arrived at the scene. The death of the once-dazzling performer came weeks before he was due to attempt to re-launch his career with a series of 40 comeback concerts in London.
Jackson was reportedly taken ill as he prepared to leave home and drive to Burbank, where he was rehearsing the new show that was to mark his return to the stage for the first time in almost ten years. He was hoping to rehabilitate his reputation following a series of freakish scandals that had left him bankrupt, with his private life and reputation in tatters.
© Copyright The Independent
- Un lézard contre la fièvre noire
- Total Gabon octroie 2 milliards de francs CFA pour la réhabilitation d’un lycée
- Le général président Lansana Conté de Guinée est décédé
- Gabon : Le convoi transportant le 2ème groupe électrogène d’une des centrales électriques de la SEEG a quitté la base GETMA sous la pluie
- Gabon Indépendance An 52 : Ali Bongo Ondimba se porte garant de la cohésion nationale
- Gabon : Le PDG conforte son avance aux législatives partielles du 24 décembre
- Cécilia Maria Albeniz tourne le dos à Nicolas Sarkozy
- Gabon : La SNBG a tenu son conseil d’administration à Libreville