Doctors pronounced the King of Pop dead at around 2.30pm local time (10.30 GMT), after he suffered a massive cardiac arrest at his rented chateau-style home in the Holmby Hills area of the city, shortly after mid-day. He had been discovered in a coma when emergency services arrived at the scene. The death of the once-dazzling performer came weeks before he was due to attempt to re-launch his career with a series of 40 comeback concerts in London.
Jackson was reportedly taken ill as he prepared to leave home and drive to Burbank, where he was rehearsing the new show that was to mark his return to the stage for the first time in almost ten years. He was hoping to rehabilitate his reputation following a series of freakish scandals that had left him bankrupt, with his private life and reputation in tatters.
© Copyright The Independent
- Gabon : Le Premier ministre qui nous vient du Nord
- Gabon : La présidence de la République a annoncé samedi soir le décès de la première dame du Gabon ( Officiel)
- Gabon : Les retombées du guichet unique
- Congo : Inauguration d’un hôpital de plus de trois milliards de FCFA
- Afrique : La Banque mondiale attire l’attention du Burundi sur la corruption
- Gabon : Incendie dans les ateliers de Mousse Industrie
- Le Concept de la Françafrique chez Verschave
- L’énergie au centre de la coopération entre le Gabon et le Maroc