Doctors pronounced the King of Pop dead at around 2.30pm local time (10.30 GMT), after he suffered a massive cardiac arrest at his rented chateau-style home in the Holmby Hills area of the city, shortly after mid-day. He had been discovered in a coma when emergency services arrived at the scene. The death of the once-dazzling performer came weeks before he was due to attempt to re-launch his career with a series of 40 comeback concerts in London.
Jackson was reportedly taken ill as he prepared to leave home and drive to Burbank, where he was rehearsing the new show that was to mark his return to the stage for the first time in almost ten years. He was hoping to rehabilitate his reputation following a series of freakish scandals that had left him bankrupt, with his private life and reputation in tatters.
© Copyright The Independent
- Gabon : 5 milliards de F CFA en faveur des enseignants
- Gabon : Le dollar canadien et le yen sont en hausse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- France : Le Premier ministre français justifie la réaction de Sarkozy au salon de l’agriculture
- Gabon : L’épave de l’hélicoptère disparu en mer samedi a été localisée
- Gabon : 813 164 électeurs iront voter le 30 août
- Gabon : Un nouveau directeur général à la tête de l’APIP
- La communauté équato-guinéenne du Gabon a célébré la journée de solidarité
- GABON : Mehdi Teale soutenu dimanche par les Jeunes gabonais