Doctors pronounced the King of Pop dead at around 2.30pm local time (10.30 GMT), after he suffered a massive cardiac arrest at his rented chateau-style home in the Holmby Hills area of the city, shortly after mid-day. He had been discovered in a coma when emergency services arrived at the scene. The death of the once-dazzling performer came weeks before he was due to attempt to re-launch his career with a series of 40 comeback concerts in London.
Jackson was reportedly taken ill as he prepared to leave home and drive to Burbank, where he was rehearsing the new show that was to mark his return to the stage for the first time in almost ten years. He was hoping to rehabilitate his reputation following a series of freakish scandals that had left him bankrupt, with his private life and reputation in tatters.
© Copyright The Independent
- Gabon : La livre sterling est en baisse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Gabon : Le nouveau gouvernement gabonais
- Gabon : Nouvelles mesures pour redresser la filière bois
- Gabon : Les Forces françaises basées au Gabon préparent la Journée Portes ouvertes du 1er mai
- Mariage princier : Kate et William se sont mariés dans la liesse populaire et le faste
- Gabon : Le dollar américain est en hausse face au franc CFA de la zone BEAC
- Gabon : La BDEAC lance un emprunt obligataire de 30 milliards de francs CFA
- L’ONU tente de démontrer à Addis-Abeba la réalité de la victoire de Ouattara