Bourdes-Ogouliguende (born 28 February 1938 is a Gabonese politician. He is the President of the Congress for Democracy and Justice (CDJ), an opposition party, and is currently a Deputy in the National Assembly of Gabon. He served as a minister in the government from 1976 to 1990, and he was President of the National Assembly from 1990 to 1993.
He attended primary and secondary school in Libreville and Port-Gentil and then continued his studies in France. While studying in France, he was a member of the Lille section of the Federation of Students from 1961 to 1962, and he headed the Lille section of the Union of Catholic African Students from 1962 to 1964. Later, he was the President of the General Association of the Students of Gabon from November 1967 to June 1968.
Back in Gabon, Bourdes-Ogouliguende began a career in law in 1968. He was Legal Adviser to the Ministry of Justice from 5 June 1972 to 15 November 1972. Subsequently he was Vice-President of the Judicial Chamber of the Supreme Court from 15 November 1972 to 25 June 1973 and President of the Judicial Chamber of the Supreme Court from 25 June 1973 to 15 March 1976. At the January 1973 extraordinary congress of the Gabonese Democratic Party (PDG), he became a member of the party’s Central Committee.
Bourdes-Ogouliguende is standing as the CDJ candidate in the 30 August 2009 presidential election, which is being held as a result of the death of President Bongo in June 2009. He was officially presented as the CDJ candidate on 24 July 2009.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Gabon : Clôture à Libreville d’un séminaire consacré à la Lutte contre la Corruption et l’enrichissement illicite
- Afrique : L’Union africaine s’inquiète de la situation née des élections en RDC
- Afrique : Un chercheur camerounais met au point un séchoir de produits agricoles
- Gabon : Brainforest accepte le nouveau site devant abriter l’aéroport de Libreville
- Des sociétés françaises pillent les richesses du Gabon, selon Lutte Ouvrière
- Gabon : Le président Nicolas Sarkozy poursuit sa visite à Libreville
- Gabon : Les préparatifs pour la célébration du cinquantenaire de l’indépendance vont bon train
- Gabon : Le dollar américain repart à la hausse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC