Along the waterfront around the presidential palace Ali Bongo will occupy we can read on posters with his portrait : "I thank you all."
In his first speech on television late Thursday and published in the local daily newspaper today, the president-elect says : "This victory is yours first (...). It is the victory of your commitment and your active engagement (...) ".
He also promised "to upgrade gradually the economy of our country, to consolidate public finances, to establish a climate of justice, merit and excellence."
"This is how I want, in continuity, make necessary changes, positive and constructive," he said.
Thursday night on the national television, the outgoing president Francine Rogombé Rose spoke on the eve of the handover of control to Ali Bongo.
Mrs Rogombé who has been co-opted June 10 has announced that the new President of the Republic elected will be sworn in Friday and this will end the transitional period that she had the honour of driving under the requirements of Constitution.
"Before the witness to the new President of the Republic, it seemed necessary to address you to revisit the journey together and identify some necessary lessons," she said on national television.
"I would first like to acknowledge all the person of Gabon deserves first political transition smoothly overall conduct in the aftermath of the death, June 8, 2009 in Barcelona, Spain, our late President Omar Bongo Ondimba "she added.
"You remember that this June 10, 2009 that my capacity as Chairman of the Senate for me the highest offices of state, with the primary mission of leading the country in the early election of the President of the Republic . My message to the nation the day after my inauguration, I said the outline of my work focuses around three things : Constitution, concertation, consensus", added Mrs Rogombé.
"Our country has a reputation of a haven of peace which is not misused. It is our responsibility to build, increasingly, these valuable assets, "said the outgoing president.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Maroc : Lancement de la 1ère édition du Forum Africain de l’Assurance 2009
- Gabon : Des représentants de l’Etat au Conseil d’administration de la Compagnie minière de Belinga
- Gabon : Ouverture d’un atelier régional sur le marché d’électricité de l’Afrique Centrale
- Gabon : La livre sterling en hausse et le dollar canadien en baisse face au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Gabon : Maladies cardiovasculaires et l’hypertension seraient en relation avec le mode de vie des individus
- Gabon : La présidence de la République a annoncé samedi soir le décès de la première dame du Gabon ( Officiel)
- Le président Bush félicite les nouveaux dirigeants de l’Union africaine
- Gabon : La baisse de bénéfice de 36% chez Renault France se répercute au sein de sa succursale gabonaise