Along the waterfront around the presidential palace Ali Bongo will occupy we can read on posters with his portrait : "I thank you all."
In his first speech on television late Thursday and published in the local daily newspaper today, the president-elect says : "This victory is yours first (...). It is the victory of your commitment and your active engagement (...) ".
He also promised "to upgrade gradually the economy of our country, to consolidate public finances, to establish a climate of justice, merit and excellence."
"This is how I want, in continuity, make necessary changes, positive and constructive," he said.
Thursday night on the national television, the outgoing president Francine Rogombé Rose spoke on the eve of the handover of control to Ali Bongo.
Mrs Rogombé who has been co-opted June 10 has announced that the new President of the Republic elected will be sworn in Friday and this will end the transitional period that she had the honour of driving under the requirements of Constitution.
"Before the witness to the new President of the Republic, it seemed necessary to address you to revisit the journey together and identify some necessary lessons," she said on national television.
"I would first like to acknowledge all the person of Gabon deserves first political transition smoothly overall conduct in the aftermath of the death, June 8, 2009 in Barcelona, Spain, our late President Omar Bongo Ondimba "she added.
"You remember that this June 10, 2009 that my capacity as Chairman of the Senate for me the highest offices of state, with the primary mission of leading the country in the early election of the President of the Republic . My message to the nation the day after my inauguration, I said the outline of my work focuses around three things : Constitution, concertation, consensus", added Mrs Rogombé.
"Our country has a reputation of a haven of peace which is not misused. It is our responsibility to build, increasingly, these valuable assets, "said the outgoing president.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Gabon : Le dollar américain et le rand sont en hausse par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Afrique : Le Secrétaire Général de la CEEAC au 14e Sommet de la Francophonie à Kinshasa
- Football : Le point sur le Mondial-CAN-2010-Qualifications-3e tour-Groupe A
- Gabon : Gabonese Jean Ping Seeks Gabon Lobby to Fight South Africa for AU Post
- Gabon : Le groupe bancaire BGFI Bank annonce une croissance de 57% en 2010
- Le Français Paul Le Guen fait revivre l’espoir du peuple camerounais
- Fillon confirme que Gadonneix sera remplacé à la tête d’EDF
- Décès d’Edouard Glissant