Oyiba became general manager of OPRAG when Andzembe has been coopted Governor of the Central africa State bank (BEAC).
Mr. Oyiba which is cited in the scandal of the Bank of Central Africa States (BEAC), justified his decision for "ethical reasons and preservation of good governance advocated by President Ali Bongo Ondimba."
He added that he intended to devote himself entirely to his defence in this case where nearly 17 billion CFA francs have been misappropriated from the Paris BEAC Office . The weekly magazine “Jeune Afrique” said in its edition of November 8 to 14 that Mr. Oyiba has been a beneficiary of 65.6 million CFA francs, about 100. 000 Euros. Officials in Libreville did not confirm this amount .
This is the first time in Gabon since 1990, that a senior official manager resigns after a challenge in financial dealings.
During the regime of President Omar Bongo Ondimba, several ministers and top executives in the administration have been cited in cases of misuse of public funds but they never resigned or been removed from office by the highest authorities.
Jean Pierre Oyiba appointed Chief of Staff to the new President of Gabon October 19 is a very close relative of Ali Bongo Ondimba. Prior to his appointment as chief of staff, he was general manager of the Office of ports and harbors of Gabon (OPRAG). Before elected President, Ali Bongo was minister of Defence and the CEO of OPRAG.
At his first cabinet meeting since assuming the presidency, Ali Bongo had promised to arrest any official Gabonese involved in this case.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Afrique : L’UA déclare qu’elle n’interviendra pas dans les manifestations pour la démocratie en Afrique du Nord
- Gabon : Ouverture à Libreville de l’atelier de formation sur le leadership a tenu ses promesses
- Fance-Afrique : Paris souhaite aider les Etats africains à négocier les contrats internationaux
- Gabon : Légère hausse du dollar américain par rapport au franc CFA de la BEAC
- Gabon : Quel temps fera-t-il ce mercredi au pays ?
- Gabon : Composition du nouveau gouvernement
- Gabon : La Commission du Golfe de Guinée est une opportunité incontestable (Jean Ping)
- Gabon : La Présidence du Conseil de sécurité échoit au Gabon depuis le 1er mars