LIBREVILLE, Dec 22 (Infosplusgabon) - Shell Group has agreed to acquire the entire portfolio of activities upstream of Amerada Hess Corporation in Gabon, and his interest in the Clair field located in British waters, east of Shetland, revealed today Shell Gabon based in Gamba, south-west of Gabon.
According to the information obtained by Bloomberg, this acquisition is to strengthen the
Portfolio Exploration Production in the North Sea and West Africa for the Shell Group.
In a statement obtained from Shell Gabon, In return, “Amerada Hess acquired Shell’s interests in two fields offshore Norway , Valhall and Hod. This transaction is a strategic exchange and no payment is made”.
"We are pleased to expand our interests in Gabon , a country in which we work successfully for almost 50 years," said in the statement Malcolm Brinded, Executive Director of the branch Upstream, Upstream Shell International.
"Similarly, increasing our holdings in the field clearly demonstrates our continuing interest to invest in long-term assets in the United Kingdom , one of our strongholds." Mr Brinded said in the statement.
Adrian Drewett, President and CEO of Shell Gabon said : "It’s a happy outcome, shows our commitment to continue our activities in Gabon "
“This exchange is still subject to government approval and other approvals, will redevelop the interests of these enterprises in Gabon , the United Kingdom and Norway . Shell’s interests in its operating permit in Gabon will increase by 42.50% to 52.5% for Rabi - Kounga, from 44.3% to 94.3% for Toucan and 20% to 60 % for Atora. His interests in the exploration permit Ozigo will increase from 44.3% to 94.3%”, M. Drewett added.
Similarly, in the context of this transaction, Shell’s interests in the Clair field, the United Kingdom will increase from 18.7% to 28%.
In return, Hess will retrieve the shareholdings of Shell in the Valhall and Hod fields. Consequently, Hess’s participation in these fields will double to 56.2% and 50% respectively. BP is the operator of Clear and Valhall and Hod.
Shell Gabon is the second largest oil operator in Gabon , whose economy and development are dependent on oil. The company is headquartered in Gamba. Shell Gabon is a limited company established in 1960 with a capital of 15 billion CFA francs, divided between the Royal Dutch Shell Group (75%) and the Gabonese government (25%).
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Le ministre d’Etat aux Mines, aux Hydrocarbures reçoit les dirigeants de Total Gabon et de la SOGARA
- Gabon : Le prix du gaz domestique varie dans les différentes villes du pays
- Hausse du chiffre d’affaires chez Maurel & Prom
- Gabon : Marathon Oil Corporation et Alberta Ltd. pas obligées de présenter des rapports sur le pétrole et le gaz au Canada
- Gabon : Addax Petroleum annonce des résultats record pour 2007
- La Chine décroche un gros contrat pétrolier au Niger
- Le gouvernement gabonais annonce la baisse du prix des carburants dès 2009
- Trucks Sea Group va construire des canalisations pour Total Gabon