LIBREVILLE, 24 octobre (Reuters) - A Gabonese mother killed her son with rat poison and then tried to take her own life because she could not afford to pay for his schooling, judicial police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old single mother told police she had asked for financial help from relatives to pay for her five-year-old son’s school materials, but without success. Police said she bought three packets of rat poison, which she mixed with Coca-Cola.
"The young girl was preoccupied by her son’s schooling and did not have enough money to organise his start of the school year," Emile Mboumbou, a judicial police officer, told Reuters.
"She asked relatives for money but without success."
The boy’s grandmother said he died in hospital.
The mother, who is in hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests before going to court, tried to kill herself with the mixture but was saved by doctors, police said.
Source : News Yahoo.com
- Gabon : Des cadavres déversés par les vagues sur les plages de Libreville
- Afrique : L’AIMF va financer l’accès à l’eau potable dans 4 pays africains
- Gabon : Le pasteur Gaspard Obiang s’insurge contre la profanation des tombes
- France : La "first girlfriend" Valérie Trierweiler séduit les Américains
- Gabon : Grève illimitée dans le secteur pétrolier
- Gabon : Quel temps fera-t-il ce jeudi à Libreville ?
- Gabon : Maurel & Prom Gabon Réhabilite trois dispensaires dans le département de l’Ogooué
- Gabon : Un bateau de marchandises se retourne à son approche du port d’Owendo