LIBREVILLE, 24 octobre (Reuters) - A Gabonese mother killed her son with rat poison and then tried to take her own life because she could not afford to pay for his schooling, judicial police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old single mother told police she had asked for financial help from relatives to pay for her five-year-old son’s school materials, but without success. Police said she bought three packets of rat poison, which she mixed with Coca-Cola.
"The young girl was preoccupied by her son’s schooling and did not have enough money to organise his start of the school year," Emile Mboumbou, a judicial police officer, told Reuters.
"She asked relatives for money but without success."
The boy’s grandmother said he died in hospital.
The mother, who is in hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests before going to court, tried to kill herself with the mixture but was saved by doctors, police said.
Source : News Yahoo.com
- Mali : Paris et Berlin n’enverront pas de troupes combattre au Mali (Jeune Afrique)
- Gabon : Addax Petroleum a célébré la Sainte Barbe 2012 sous le thème des valeurs
- France : Air France inaugure un service d’assistance à l’aéroport CDG de Paris
- Gabon : L’opérateur de téléphonie mobile Zain, a scellé un partenariat avec la mairie d’Owendo
- Gabon : Le président Omar Bongo Ondimba présente les condoléances à la veuve Béthencourt
- Carla Bruni pose nue pour le magazine espagnol DT
- Gabon : Le gouvernement pourrait initier un audit sur l’utilisation de la main d’œuvre étrangère dans le secteur pétrolier
- Gabon : Shell Gabon honore la presse