LIBREVILLE, 24 octobre (Reuters) - A Gabonese mother killed her son with rat poison and then tried to take her own life because she could not afford to pay for his schooling, judicial police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old single mother told police she had asked for financial help from relatives to pay for her five-year-old son’s school materials, but without success. Police said she bought three packets of rat poison, which she mixed with Coca-Cola.
"The young girl was preoccupied by her son’s schooling and did not have enough money to organise his start of the school year," Emile Mboumbou, a judicial police officer, told Reuters.
"She asked relatives for money but without success."
The boy’s grandmother said he died in hospital.
The mother, who is in hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests before going to court, tried to kill herself with the mixture but was saved by doctors, police said.
Source : News Yahoo.com
- France : Le Groupe Total pourrait sortir blanchi dans l’affaire Erika
- Gabon : Maurel & Prom Gabon Réhabilite trois dispensaires dans le département de l’Ogooué
- France : La « distribution gratuite » prévue d’euros sous la Tour Eiffel vire à l’émeute à Paris
- Le Japon vient en aide aux victimes d’inondations au Bénin
- Gabon : Le prix du poisson a augmenté
- Gabon : « Il n’y a pas de raison que nous restions les bras croisés », soutient le bulletin d’humeur du quotidien l’Union
- Gabon : Les deux chaînes publiques pourraient suspendre mardi leurs programmes de radio et de télévision
- Gabon : Une minuterie aurait fait 2 morts à la prison centrale de Libreville