LIBREVILLE, 24 octobre (Reuters) - A Gabonese mother killed her son with rat poison and then tried to take her own life because she could not afford to pay for his schooling, judicial police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old single mother told police she had asked for financial help from relatives to pay for her five-year-old son’s school materials, but without success. Police said she bought three packets of rat poison, which she mixed with Coca-Cola.
"The young girl was preoccupied by her son’s schooling and did not have enough money to organise his start of the school year," Emile Mboumbou, a judicial police officer, told Reuters.
"She asked relatives for money but without success."
The boy’s grandmother said he died in hospital.
The mother, who is in hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests before going to court, tried to kill herself with the mixture but was saved by doctors, police said.
Source : News Yahoo.com
- Nigeria : Limogeage du directeur de la société nigériane de pétrole
- USA-Divers : L’ancien DG du FMI recevra des indemnités de 250.000 $
- La Belgique a décidé d’envoyer dans l’Ocean indien un navire avec 170 soldats pour combattre la piraterie
- Le couple Ségolène Royal et François Hollande se sépare
- Gabon : Le prix du poisson a augmenté
- Ghana : Le président en exercice du Ghana John Atta Mills est décédé mardi à Accra
- Gabon : La directrice du Centre des nations Unies pour les droits de l’homme et de la démocratie à Libreville
- Afrique : Décès du Professeur Alfred Opubor à Cotonou