LIBREVILLE, 24 octobre (Reuters) - A Gabonese mother killed her son with rat poison and then tried to take her own life because she could not afford to pay for his schooling, judicial police said on Sunday.
The 20-year-old single mother told police she had asked for financial help from relatives to pay for her five-year-old son’s school materials, but without success. Police said she bought three packets of rat poison, which she mixed with Coca-Cola.
"The young girl was preoccupied by her son’s schooling and did not have enough money to organise his start of the school year," Emile Mboumbou, a judicial police officer, told Reuters.
"She asked relatives for money but without success."
The boy’s grandmother said he died in hospital.
The mother, who is in hospital and will undergo psychiatric tests before going to court, tried to kill herself with the mixture but was saved by doctors, police said.
Source : News Yahoo.com
- Etats-Unis : les employés d’un magasin trouvent 10 000 dollars dans une boîte de conserve
- Un incendie sur une plate-forme pétrolière de Total au Congo fait deux morts
- France : Le Groupe Total pourrait sortir blanchi dans l’affaire Erika
- Gabon : Le mouvement des marées de ce lundi 3 mai
- Afrique : L’AIMF va financer l’accès à l’eau potable dans 4 pays africains
- Gabon : Omar Bongo condamné à reverser 457.000 euros à un Français
- Gabon : La grève des agents du ministère des Travaux publics se poursuit
- Gabon : Le premier bébé ZAIN communie avec le monde merveilleux à Melen