At the initiative of Richard Attias & Associates, more than 600 international opinion leaders from business, economics, and politics have been attending from Friday to Sunday in Libreville the first New York Forum AFRICA out of the United States.
The innovative idea of the New York Forum AFRICA was to bring together international investors and business leaders on the continent, some for the very first time, in order to foster crucial connections for potential partnerships, with very concrete applications.
Lord Mandelson, former cabinet minister and European commissioner thus set out his vision of Africa in 2030 in a special address said that “in 20 to 30 years’ time, I can see Africa being a direct competitor to China, and Africa becoming the equivalent of where Asia stands today in the new world order. The advent of this continent could be one of the great historical events of the 21st century. (...)”.
“The New York Forum AFRICA is a unique opportunity for negotiating partnerships and agreements in some unexpected areas : social housing, water, or even the media. If all of these projects are conducted, they will and should create jobs”, noted Richard Attias, the event’s founding chairman.
Gabon’s Energy Minister, Régis Immongault, notably set out the development project of Gabonese mining potential before an audience of some 50 investors.
“We’ve already begun developing the mining sector, in particular with our long-standing partner, Comilog, a subsidiary of the French group Eramet, on the construction of the Metallurgical Complex in Moanda with an investment of $ 270 million”, he observed.
President Ali Bongo Ondimba and Richard Attias opened the first New York Forum AFRICA, by calling on the international economic community and all African stakeholders and decision-makers to increase participation in Africa’s current growth and to discover the potential of a continent that has a wealth of talent and opportunity.
© Copyright Infosplusgabon
- Afrique / Nigeria : Access bank enregistre 65 millions de dollars de bénéfice semestriel
- Europe : La 8e édition du Forum EMA invest se déroulera les 21 et 22 octobre 2010
- Gabon :Vers un retour progressif à la normale de la production à Total Gabon
- Cameroun : Samuel Eto’o regagne les rangs des "Lions indomptables"
- Gabon/ Sommet de Copenhague : l’Europe pourrait manquer une occasion de débloquer les négociations internationales sur le climat
- USA-Divers : Libéré sous caution, Dominique Strauss-Kahn libéré sous caution ce vendredi
- Gabon : Appel à candidature pour 10 bourses BGFIBANK d’initiation à l’écoguidage
- Gabon : La coalition des partis de l’opposition gabonaise envisage de créer un grand parti